Sunday, April 22, 2007

One huge sigh of relief

Being back in Portland is real nice I do have to say, as I sit here with an empty capp. I have realized that I took such things as truly well prepared coffee for granted, and now I have aquired a better appreciation for them. Now I am watching everyone around me prepare for competition, having sets of four cups set-up everywhere, reading and re-reading the rules, getting critical of themselves. But still, everyone is STILL enjoying themselves, not being competitive with each other, but with themselves. Their aim is to improve each other, not to be self-serving, which is to be honest, getting to be a rare attitude to find.

The SCAA conference and USBC is fast approaching us, just 11 days away, the excitement is palpable. I will not be going this year, just not enough time or money to spare, seeing as working will be my main focus. I am looking forward to the fact that a friend of mine will be the BGA representative for this region, and I will definitely enjoy helping her in any way I can.

So everything is slowly returning to normal for once, I was starting to get used to living in bizarro world. Luckily for me there's a place for me to return, and put everything into perspective, work things out, and get back to work. These next few weeks I am just going to bury myself in work so I can get back into the groove of things. I think that working on my cappuccino's for NW will help.

No comments: